January-June 2017 | Vol 2 | Issue 1 | Page :3-4
1 Visiting professor, Hainan Medical University, China; honorary professor, Dr DY Patil University, India; visiting professor, Faculty of Medicine. University of Nis,Serbia; Adjunct professor, Joseph Ayobabalola University, Nigeria.
The effect of genetic polymorphism in anesthetic drug dosage is very interesting. The relationship between Gly16Arg polymorphism of β₂-Adrenergic Receptor and perioperative use of vasopressor is reported. In this short communication, the authors use the theoretic based on nanomolecular structure view to give an explanation for the effect of Gly16Arg polymorphism of β₂-Adrenergic receptor.
Keywords: Polymorphism, β₂-Adrenergic receptor, Vasopressor.
- Zeidler EM, Goetz AE, Zöllner C. Pharmacogenetics. Clinical relevance in anesthsiology. Anaesthesist. 2013;62(11):874-86.
- Textoris J, Davidson J, Martin C, Leone M. Role of genetics in anaesthesia-related variability. Ann Fr Anesth Reanim. 2009 Jun;28(6):564-74.
- Nielsen M, Staalsoe JM, Ullum H, Secher NH, Nielsen HB, Olsen NV. The Gly16 Allele of the Gly16Arg Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism in the β₂-Adrenergic Receptor Gene Augments Perioperative Use of Vasopressors: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Anesth Analg. 2016;122(5):1385-93.
- Joob B, Wiwanitkit V. HSD11B1 rs846908 polymorphisms and tacrolimus concentrations: quantum chemical analysis and implication in patients with renal transplantation. J Nephropharmacol. 2016;6(1):19-20.
- Joob B, Wiwanitkit V. Indinavir and atazanavir; comparison of predicted property by chemoinformatics technique and implication on renal problem in HIV infected patients. J Nephropharmacol. 2016;6(1):21-22.
- Joob B, Wiwanitkit V. ATP-binding cassette, sub-family B (MDR/TAP), member 1 (ABCB1) polymorphism and clopidogrel concentration in acute coronary syndrome: molecular change can explain the observed therapeutic concentration. Anatol J Cardiol. 2016;16(4):303-4. d
- Manoharan A, Griffin B, Lipworth J, Berg J, Andrew N, Jackson C, Lipworth B. β2-Adrenergic receptor Gly16Arg polymorphism and impaired asthma control in corticosteroid-treated asthmatic adults. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2015;114(5):421-3.
- Bandaru S, Akka J, Marri VK, Alvala M, Ponnala D, Mundluru HP. Analysis of ADRB2 (Arg16Gly) Gene Variant with Susceptibility, Pharmacogenetic Response and Disease Severity in South Indian Asthmatics. Inflammation. 2015;38(6):2146-55.